Languages are a specialism of Twyford Trust school. Our Language provision is second to none. We will base language provision at Ealing Fields on the model currently established at Twyford High School:
- All students study French. They have 5 lessons of French per week. They are set early in the year according to their ability.
- At the end of Year 7 a test determine whether they will become single or dual-linguists in Year 8.
- There are two routes: single or dual-linguists.
- Single linguists study 5 periods of French a week.
- Dual-linguists study both French and Spanish
- There are two routes: single or dual-linguists
- Pupils study 7 periods of dual languages (French and Spanish)
- Single linguists follow 5 periods of French.
- All pupils in Year 9 Start the GCSE courses and follow the new AQA Specification.
- By the end of the year, pupils will have completed two of their four coursework in each language and have obtained 30% of their final GCSE grade.
- Towards the end of Year 9, those students learning 2 languages have the option of continuing with both languages in Key Stage 4 or to become single linguists and opt for one language only.
YEARS 10 & 11
- Key Stage 4 students follow the AQA Specification started in Year 9. Students carry out written and oral assessment tasks as part of the GCSE.
- There are also exams in listening and reading at the end of Year 11. French and Spanish are offered.
- Pupils who are able to speak and study another language at home are encouraged to take their GCSE in this language.